Mar 15, 2010

"Mind-bottling"

Wooooooooow it's been a long time since I've updated. To tell the truth I haven't had any inspiration or motivation to post about anything. Actually I've been lacking in motivation to do anything. Returning from Hawaii with good memories and waves minus a good result in the Pipe comp I felt a little empty and sorry for myself as I wanted to start the year with a bang! It was amazing watching Amuary win the Pipe comp as I know how driven and goal orientated he is. At the same time I was super jealous (and stoked!) to see Jared Houston make the final. But that's ok because it's these things that make any competitive person strive for more.
I know another person that was disappointed with their result was Mitch Rawlins. I even heard that he wasn't going to surf for a whole month - he was that devastated! It might seem selfish and arrogant to say something like that when you consider the life a professional bodyboarder lives - but the truth is, this life means so much to us that when a set-back is sent our way, it seems like the end of the world!
No one can afford to take anything for granted and a couple of surfs under my belt in WA and a quick check on the internet to hopefully stoke my flame of life - I was happy to see Rawlins updating his site and has actually been surfing despite his heated statement. I was also stoked to see he has uploaded the last clip from Hawaii with some sick footage and also giving a couple of the younger guys a run. I hope you're getting stoked with life and if you're not - sometimes it's the little things like a quick surf that'll make you realise how good life is! One more stoked for good measure haha

*Note: I tried posting the Hawaii clip up here but you'll have to venture over to Rawlins' site cause of the video's privacy setting*

1 comment:

Mr Charles said...

Love his site